Website Breathe Life
There’s no denying it, the financial world is messy and confusing. People suffer as they try to manage their financial lives and financial institutions haven’t cracked the code at helping them along the way. Legacy systems and antiquated distribution models have created a huge gap in the market, leaving hundreds of millions of people vulnerable in North America. As unexpected events occur in these people’s lives, many will encounter life changing situations and serious debt. It’s an inconvenient truth, but the one size fits all products, paper forms and fax machines are often the harsh status quo of the industry.
At Breathe Life, we’re building technology that helps people take control of their financial future so they can do what’s right for them, their loved ones and have peace of mind. Our platform helps them learn about financial products, identify the ones best suited for them, and make their purchase online when they’re ready. Breathe Life is shaping an industry that hasn’t changed in 100 years and having a massive impact in the process.
Breathe Life has secured significant financial and strategic backing from Diagram, a venture launchpad focused on insurance, financial and health technology. Diagram is backed by Power Financial Corporation, Great-West Lifeco, and IGM Financial through Portag3, along with 50+ leading angel investors. Our backing from Diagram gives us a significant competitive advantage that will help us win our market.
We are looking for an experienced and talented UI designer to design and shape unique, user-centric products and experiences. The ideal candidate will have experience working in agile teams, with developers, UX designers and copywriters. You will be able to make deliberate design decisions and to translate any given user-experience journey into a smooth and intuitive interaction.
Come along as we change this high impact industry that inherently touches many, many lives.
At Breathe Life, diversity is a core value because we know it’s crucial for our team to represent the society we serve.
- Create, improve and use a design system;
- Present and defend your design decisions. All your design decisions should be based on the overall design roadmap as well as your own design thinking and fundamental principles;
- Continually keep yourself and the team updated with the latest changes in our industry’s standards;
- Facilitate design brainstorming and working sessions with business stakeholders and partners teams through the use of collaboration techniques, interactive prototypes, wireframing of user flows and visual mock-ups;
- Conduct research into competitor products and UX to identify opportunities in digital products and designs that provide a competitive edge;
- Work with Growth Manager and Product Manager to establish performance indicators and measure business value and return of the developed products;
- Three or more years of experience and proven track record;
- Be a great team player, experienced in working with agile teams
- Strong portfolio to be presented during the interview;
- Hands-on experience creating wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, user flows, etc;
- Experience using tools such as Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator, InVision;
- Creative ideas with a problem-solving mindset;
- Experience working in an agile/scrum development process;
- Be open to receiving objective criticism and improving upon it;
- Based in Montreal.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to have a significant impact on a product that will change how people think about and purchase Life Insurance;
- The opportunity to be part of an innovative and exciting company that is completely changing an outdated industry;
- The opportunity to work with a team of very experienced, hard-working, ambitious and caring individuals;
- The opportunity to develop reusable skills with a team that has been successful in the past;
- Competitive salary, stock options, top-tier benefits plan (including a telemedicine service).
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://boards.greenhouse.io/breathelife/jobs/4038196002 →