Website Breathe Life
We get it. The financial world is messy and often confusing. On top of that, the life insurance industry hasn’t changed in decades.
Breathe Life (breathelife.com) is on a mission to change that by applying modern technology against real world problems. This will make a huge difference in people’s lives.
We’re building educational tools to empower people to take better decisions with regards to the financial decisions they make. Through best in class user experience and content, we guide them before, during, and after the purchasing process of life insurance products. We’re creating an environment for people to find peace of mind, knowing that their loved ones will be taken care of.
Breathe Life has secured significant financial and strategic backing from Diagram, a venture launchpad focused on insurance, financial and health technology. Diagram is backed by Power Financial Corporation, Great-West Lifeco, and IGM Financial through Portag3, along with 50+ leading angel investors. Our backing from Diagram gives us a significant competitive advantage that will help us win our market.
We are looking for a Software Engineer – Junior to join our growing team in Montreal.
Our team believes too few people know what it takes to ensure the financial future of their loved ones, and we aspire to help the 100+ million underinsured people in North America do what’s right for the people they love.
Come along as we change this high impact industry that inherently touches many, many lives.
At Breathe Life, diversity is a core value because we know it’s crucial for our team to represent the society we serve.
What you’d be doing:
- Participate in projects from initial idea to launch;
- Design and implement features in small teams;
- Work closely with more senior peers across functions (dev, design, product, marketing);
- Build powerful APIs using languages like Go and Python;
- Build reusable components using React, Redux and a modern frontend stack;
- Analyze performance and reliability – data should move fast and accurately;
- Stay up to date on latest technology and help us stay aligned with emerging best practices where practical.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering OR Comparable experience;
- Excellent communications skills (English – French);
- Hard worker;
What we offer:
- The opportunity to have a significant impact on a product that will change how people think about and purchase Life Insurance;
- The opportunity to be part of an innovative and exciting company that is completely changing an outdated industry;
- The opportunity to work with a team of very experienced, hard-working, ambitious and caring individuals;
- The opportunity to develop reusable skills with a team that has been successful in the past;
- Competitive salary, stock options, top tier benefits plan (including a telemedicine service).
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://boards.greenhouse.io/breathelife/jobs/4026315002 →