Website Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. With offices in more than 43 countries, the people of Morgan Stanley are dedicated to providing our clients the finest thinking, products and services to help them achieve even the most challenging goals.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. We embrace integrity, excellence, team work and giving back.
We are currently looking to fill several software integrator positions through this job posting. Other job descriptions will be posted to address particular demands in a similar field but nowhere else will you find that number of job openings behind a single job posting.
Whether you have only a few years of experience and just getting your feet wet or if you are a subject matter expert we will have a team of technical expert looking at your resume and, should it correspond to an internal need, engage with you on your particular strengths and interests.
With over 1000 professionals working together, the Morgan Stanley office in Montreal is by far the largest in Canada. We are almost exclusively staffed by technology specialists, representing a solid footprint in a web of technical expertise that spans the globe: from Glasgow to Shanghai through cities as diverse as Budapest, London, Mumbai, New-York and Tokyo.
With close to 80% of our solutions being developed for internal customers, we have a unique technological environment that features a great mix of different approaches. From legacy systems to cutting edge solutions, DB2 and Sybase to Greenplum, Perl to Python, C++, C# and Java to Scala, Hadoop and machine learning, we come from a diverse ecosystem and we are looking for curious, engaged and diverse technology enthusiasts.
Are you actively looking? Maybe you are just curious to see if there is a better opportunity out there?
Who should apply?
You should apply on this requisition if you have, at minimum, the following profile:
– UNIX/Linux scripting: Candidates must be proficient in navigating UNIX servers, have good knowledge of the majority of operational functions in UNIX and be able to read / write and maintain UNIX shell scripts.
– Candidates must have a strong base in any of the following scripting languages PERL, Python, Scala .
Should I highlight anything specific?
While this is not a requirement, we are very interested in people who have exposure to the following technologies or subjects. Don’t hesitate to highlight them on your resume!
– Networking (e.g. TCP/IP): General understanding the concepts of TCP/IP and UDP connectivity and data transfer. Knowledge of multicast is an advantage.
– UNIX/Linux operating systems: Candidates should understand UNIX concepts in order to perform resource monitoring, and be able to tune operating system parameters according to applications requirements.
– Problem solving skills: Ideally able to tackle problems based on limited information, be able to seek out solutions and work around problems. They need to be able to do this in the short term for quick outage resolution as well as proactive problem elimination.
– Communications: Ideally excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Operational background: Candidates need to have worked and be experienced in support roles, and be used to performing in a variety of roles
– Other programming language: Experience with other programing languages such as C++, JAVA, C# is a significant advantage
– Database data extraction and manipulation: Experience with SQL, Sybase, DB2, Greenplum and other querying languages and data stores would be welcome
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://ms.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl;jsessionid=d-S4Os7dHihZVup2L4gYdaCH5hIuzDe2iEvIPpZfNYGHjUD6PyAU!108090607 →