Website Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. With offices in more than 43 countries, the people of Morgan Stanley are dedicated to providing our clients the finest thinking, products and services to help them achieve even the most challenging goals.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. We embrace integrity, excellence, team work and giving back.
We are currently looking to fill several C++developer positions through this job posting. Other job descriptions will be posted to address particular demands in a similar field but nowhere else will you find that number of job openings behind a single job posting.
Whether you have only a few years of experience and just getting your feet wet or if you are a subject matter expert we will have a team of technical expert looking at your resume and, should it correspond to an internal need, engage with you on your particular strengths and interests.
With over 1000 professionals working together, the Morgan Stanley office in Montreal is by far the largest in Canada. We are almost exclusively staffed by technology specialists, representing a solid footprint in a web of technical expertise that spans the globe: from Glasgow to Shanghai through cities as diverse as Budapest, London, Mumbai, New-York and Tokyo.
With close to 80% of our solutions being developed for internal customers, we have a unique technological environment that features a great mix of different approaches. From legacy systems to cutting edge solutions, DB2 and Sybase to Greenplum, Perl to Python, C++, C# and Java to Scala, Hadoop and machine learning, we come from a diverse ecosystem and we are looking for curious, engaged and diverse technology enthusiasts.
Are you actively looking? Maybe you are just curious to see if there is a better opportunity out there?
Who should apply?
You should apply on this requisition if you have, at minimum, the following profile:
– Expert C++ skills with 3+ years’ experience writing production code
– Proficiency with Unix/Linux.
Should I highlight anything specific?
While this is not a requirement, we are very interested in people who have exposure to the following technologies or subjects. Don’t hesitate to highlight them on your resume!
– Experience building real time applications in C++ using STL/Boost/Multithreading for the Unix/Linux platform
– Experience with Python, Perl, Scala or Shell scripting
– Experience with SQL, Sybase, DB2, Greenplum
– Experience developing client-server, distributed, real-time, performance-critical, highly available, or large-scale systems
– Knowledge and experience on agile software development practices
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Knowledge of financial technologies (e.g. FIX protocol) and business applications
– Knowledge of financial modelling
– Knowledge of trading, risk and pricing systems for Fixed Income Securities are a strong plus
– Delivery/Project management experience
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://ms.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl;jsessionid=d-S4Os7dHihZVup2L4gYdaCH5hIuzDe2iEvIPpZfNYGHjUD6PyAU!108090607 →