A WORD ABOUT US
Moment Factory is a multimedia studio based in Montreal with a full range of production expertise under one roof. Our team combines specialists in video, lighting, architecture, sound, and special effects to create remarkable experiences. Since its inception in 2001, Moment Factory has created more than 400 unique shows and destinations. Productions span the globe and include such clients as the Los Angeles Airport, Nine Inch Nails, Microsoft, NFL, Sony, Toyota, the City of Barcelona, Madonna, and Royal Caribbean Cruises.
In addition to working on large scale multimedia projects that are deployed around the world, you’ll take part in creating a platform that will power the future of our public interactive experiences. More specifically we are looking for someone to help with the backend services that make our increasingly complex experiences possible.
YOUR FUTURE TEAM
The interactive team brings together experts who are passionate about technology, design, and innovation. You’ll find graphic, creative, and new media developers; along with interactive designers, directors, and producers. Together, they collaborate, using technology in new ways to create interactive, immersive, and innovative experiences in the real world.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Program robust backend solutions to connect our interactive experiences;
· Create unit, regression, and integration tests;
· Contribute to the current systems and create new environments;
· Participate in project discussions and solution development workshops and provide status reports;
· Research and validate the implementation of new procedures and new technologies;
· Produce concept documentation and detailed documentation of system operations.
· Minimum 2 years experience with node.js (we use Express);
· Experience interacting with 3rd party APIs;
· Experience building REST APIs;
· Experience working with GIT;
· Familiarity with a modern front-end framework (we use React.js);
· Mastery of French and English, spoken as well as written;
· Valid passport.
· Curious and excited about learning new techniques and using new tools;
· A passionate learner;
· Able to work well within a team, sometimes under pressure;
· Flexible, independent, and organized;
· An observer, have good sense of attention to detail;
· Adaptable and flexible, able to work in a constantly changing environment.
· Experience with web sockets / other real time transports and protocols (MQTT);
· Experience with NodeRed;
· Experience with authentication (OAuth);
· Experience in deployment (Docker, Cloud services such as Azure);
· Experience with Data management (Collection & Analysis), including relational databases (Postgres, MySQL) and real-time data;
· Driver’s license.
At Moment Factory, we work hard because we believe in the potential of bringing people together to experience emotions, create connections and form powerful memories. To design these memorable moments, we favour the collaborative work of multidisciplinary talents, all united by the same passion. It is the meeting of minds and talent that creates sparks. That’s why we’re looking for inspired and inspiring people who are always eager to learn, share, and reinvent themselves.
If you think this position is for you, we invite you to apply now. We will not be able to follow up with each candidate, so we will only contact the selected individuals. Thank you for considering a career at Moment Factory. We are looking forward to meeting you!
NOTE: The masculine is used in this publication without prejudice for the sake of conciseness.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://jobs.lever.co/momentfactory/40f8c1ec-a2af-4ab0-8e56-a490eff45348 →