Website Breathe Life
There’s no denying it, the financial world is messy and confusing. People suffer as they try to manage their financial lives and financial institutions haven’t cracked the code at helping them along the way. Legacy systems and antiquated distribution models have created a huge gap in the market, leaving hundreds of millions of people vulnerable in North America. As unexpected events occur in these people’s lives, many will encounter life changing situations and serious debt. It’s an inconvenient truth, but the one size fits all products, paper forms and fax machines are often the harsh status quo of the industry.
At Breathe Life, we’re building technology that helps people take control of their financial future so they can do what’s right for them, their loved ones and have peace of mind. Our platform helps them learn about financial products, identify the ones best suited for them, and make their purchase online when they’re ready. Breathe Life is shaping an industry that hasn’t changed in 100 years and having a massive impact in the process.
Breathe Life has secured significant financial and strategic backing from Diagram, a venture launchpad focused on insurance, financial and health technology. Diagram is backed by Power Financial Corporation, Great-West Lifeco, and IGM Financial through Portag3, along with 50+ leading angel investors. Our backing from Diagram gives us a significant competitive advantage that will help us win our market.
We are looking for a Director of Business Development to join our growing team in Montreal. This person’s focus will be to help Breathe Life achieve its ambitious growth plan for the upcoming year and fuel its pipeline.
Come along as we change this high impact industry that inherently touches many, many lives.
At Breathe Life, diversity is a core value because we know it’s crucial for our team to represent the society we serve.
What you would be responsible for:
- Identifying Canadian and US carriers and MGAs that could benefit from Breathe Life’s technology;
- Building industry connections to form new partnerships for Breathe Life;
- Developing relationships with key stakeholders and influencers in the industry;
- Building an efficient business development process and managing the funnel;
- Arranging business development meetings;
- Achieving monthly/quarterly business development objectives;
- Creating material to accompany your business development meetings;
- Establishing metrics and goals, and sharing your progress and findings;
- Continually developing awareness of Breathe Life’s brand in the industry;
- Staying up to date with industry changes and competitive landscape;
- Identifying networking opportunities and attending conferences, meetings, and industry events;
- Collaborating with the team for product demos and closing of partnerships.
The ideal profile:
- 5+ years of Software as a service (SaaS) Business Development experience;
- Proven track record of consistently exceeding business development targets;
- Entrepreneurial mindset;
- Comfortable landing deals with large organizations;
- Data driven;
- Excellent presentation skills;
- Positive attitude, self-motivated, persistent and passionate;
- Bilingual (English – French).
What we offer:
- The opportunity to have a significant impact on a product that will change how people think about and purchase Life Insurance;
- The opportunity to be part of an innovative and exciting company that is completely changing an outdated industry;
- The opportunity to work with a team of very experienced, hard-working, ambitious and caring individuals;
- The opportunity to develop reusable skills with a team that has been successful in the past;
- Competitive salary, stock options, top tier benefits plan (including a telemedicine service).
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://boards.greenhouse.io/breathelife/jobs/4029510002 →