Amplitude is looking for a full-time finance professional to join our Montreal team. This is a great opportunity for an individual who is up for the challenge of building our accounting and finance functions. In this role, you will have the opportunity for growth as you take on more responsibilities with the internal finance functions and support the firm in its investment and portfolio management process.
We are a capital catalyst for highly innovative companies at the point of value acceleration. We work with Canada’s most promising healthcare companies that share our vision of bringing ground breaking technologies to patients. Amplitude is focused on building world-class Canadian companies in precision medicine and next-generation medical devices. Our offices are in Montreal, Toronto, and Vancouver.
About the position
We are looking for someone who will build, structure and maintain our accounting processes. The position will be a diverse role with a core focus on day-to-day accounting, back-office and finance functions. As our lead accountant, you will be working with the Montreal office at Espace CDPQ and be in constant communications with the other team members across the country.
We are an energetic, diverse team and we consider each other family, guaranteeing a work environment where every day is rewarding, with new challenges and learning opportunities, and where work-life balance is cherished.
- Maintain Amplitude’s accounting records on a day-to-day basis
- Handle account payables and process payments to suppliers
- Reconcile bank and credit card statements to the general ledger
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded
- Manage banking related inquiries
- Assist in month-end, quarterly and year-end process and reporting for Amplitude portfolio companies
- Oversee document management and execute different types of data entry
- Document processes to strengthen financial controls
- Build, monitor and report annual and five-year budget
- Support Amplitude investment team during financial due diligence;
- Assist newly created portfolio companies in establishing their finance functions.
- BS degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration
- 7-10 years minimum of relevant work experience performing and supporting accounting functions; ideally for a high-velocity startup company or an investment fund, or experience in a Big 4 accounting firm or large corporation setting
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principles
- Strong skills with MS Excel and Google Sheets
- Proficiency in English and French (written and spoken)
Bonus points if you have:
- A CPA or are currently pursuing a CPA designation.
- Experience with Xero or a similar cloud accounting platform.
- A genuine interest in venture capital and/or healthcare.
- Basic knowledge or experience in investment compliance.
This position will be a perfect fit if you are:
- Tech savvy and comfortable using many web and cloud-based apps as part of your work.
- Not scared of blank sheets of paper (this is a start-up after all).
- Meticulous, detail-oriented, and accurate.
- Self-driven, resourceful and a problem solver by nature.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Flexible and adaptable — everyone on our team gets to wear many hats, and so will you.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.