According to Founder Institute Montreal’s Sergio Escobar, six Montreal startups affiliated with the global accelerator have been selected to head to Silicon Valley. The “Up and Coming” teams will participate in Founder Institute’s “Silicon Valley Venture Capital Roadshow,” May 3-6, 2016, as part of FounderX.
According to a LinkedIn post by Escobar, the following teams were selected.
- Ask PAM & Founder Pamela Alfred: Ask PAM is a web-based productivity & management tool for the modern-day Concierge.
- Flystro & Founder Bassam Rhou: Flystro is an online marketplace connecting drone pilots to clients needing drone filming services. Currently enrolled in the Startup Chile program.
- MakerBloks & Founder Francois Poirier: MakerBloks are electronic building blocks that teach kids basic STEM concepts, complemented by an app that links the blocks to interactive stories. A Graduate of Techstars Startup Next.
- NUKERN & Founder Philippe Rivard: Nukern is a full software solution that helps customers set their web hosting business on autopilot.
- RentHunt & Founder Pierre Sabbagh: RentHunt is a matching platform that helps landlords find their perfect tenant.
- WealthTab & Founder Mike Blicker: WealthTab is an integrated, white-labeled platform for financial professionals and their clients.
Founder Institute’s FounderX event is a “private gathering of the FI Network in Silicon Valley that will bring together some of the biggest industry leaders from around the world. This 3-day long event from May 4 – 6, 2016 will feature a series of networking events, workshops, and formal dinners, bringing together some of the top members from FI’s global network, including startup CEOs, technology executives, and Directors.”