1490 chemin de Chambly
Quebec J4J 1W5
A fascinating, fun and accessible 101 level workshop for podcast-making.
Learn all the fundamentals for how to launch a successful show from start to
This event is part of REC 2019 – Creator Convention www.recmtl.com , your access will grant you access to multiple workshops and creator labs during the day.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
National Director of the Ricochet Podcast Network.
Producer of the 2018 Paris Podcast Festival Grand Jury Prize-winning Indigenous Storytelling series ‘Fil Rouge’, at Canada’s #1 Left books review show ‘Well Reds’ and at the pan-Canadian progressive round-table podcast ‘News You Can Use’.
Producer and showrunner at Canada’s premiere faith and conversation podcast ‘Spirits & Spirituality’ with hosts Tommy Schnurmacher (CJAD, The Montreal Gazette) and Rabbi Avi Finegold (The Jewish Learning Lab).
Host of Ricochet Media’s ‘Unpacking the News’, winner of the 2017 National Campus and Community Radio award for ‘Best in Podcasting’.
Host/producer of season 2 of news and current events show ‘ké cast’ with Seoul-based independent media group Korea Exposé. Host and producer of 75 episodes of The Korea File podcast, produced in collaboration with the Nam Center for Korean Studies at the University of Michigan.
Educator with the Multicultural Academy of Canada.
* Passion, motivation and finding your best idea: what’s the show you want
* Beginning the creative process: imagining and planning your show
* Capturing audio: the basics of mics and sound recording
* Improv vs. Scripting: preparing for interviews and conversations
* What is Chase Production?
* An introduction to audio editing (full audio editing class will be given during Professional Audio Recording & Editing for Video which is included in your REC 2019 – Creator Convention pass )
* Adding texture and context: choosing the right music/found sound/archival
audio for your show
* Which hosting platform is right for you?
* How to release on iTunes/GooglePlay/Spotify and others
* Traps, troubleshooting and potential pitfalls: what to watch out for
You are required to bring your laptops/tablet/smart phone or notebook to take notes